Saturday, March 11, 2017

random thoughts

Connections.  I still occasionally do the fantasy survivor league with my friends from OP.  I have been hit and miss over the years.  I mentioned it to people in Michigan and they want to start one here.
....  huh?  maybe.  Could I handle 2 leagues. Would I actually have to think about my picks if I did that?  lol

Even in my randomness I am analytical.  I like random picks but I almost always have a pattern or thought to the "random" pick.  Some might say that means it isn't truly random at all??

Chandler's at Michigan Fine Arts today.  We did not go.  He is doing worship team (drumming) and he submitted a T-shirt design.

Chandler has many talents.  (I can talk about him here - he doesn't read my blog).

I have to be careful with Chander.  I want to encourage him, but the second we do that he becomes an over-confindent-big-headed person.  He has worked on being more humble and he has improved.  The thing is, he has a BIG personality.  I honestly thought for years that of my two kids Nicky would be more out going, but as she has gotten older, she is quieter and more reserved.  Chandler (who used to not say 2 words to people) is Mr. Everybody's man.  All our friends talk about how sweet he is.  How their kids look up to him (not just becuase he's tall).  His bosses have always liked him.  His teachers.

I'm so glad that he is respectful and well liked.  If he were reading this, he would expect a but to be here.  No buts.  just that.  He is a good kid and becoming an good man and I'm proud of him.  I still parent him.  But I'm proud of him.

We stayed behind today from fine arts.  One reason was that Chad and I were both working yesterday (he wasn't arriving back from Chicago until late last night) and making the 2.5 hour trip would have been more challenging.  Another reason was because we do not have a vehicle for long trips right now.  We had a rental car booked but Chandler said we would make him too nervous and asked us not to go.  So we cancelled the rental and set up an appointment with a car dealership.

In 2 hours we'll be meeting with them.  I'm not sure if we'll get into a lease or walk away exactly where we were when we arrived.  But we figured it was worth looking into.   If it doesn't work out, we'll have to go buy another crap car.  I'm really tired of those by the way.

I digress.  I'm going to go get ready now and hope/pray for the best outcome for today.

----  good or bad, life goes on.  We are always in a forward motion.

1 comment:

shakedust said...

That's awesome that Chandler is able to compete in more than one of the categories!