Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Life's journey

Nicky is about to move out - this time, we're doing things the right way!  She is moving out - we're not moving away from her. :) It appears she's only going to be a couple miles away, which will be nice.  Not that we'll see her with her working 2 jobs and taking classes and being involved in ministry. It's a wonder she has time to sleep.  :(

The point is, She is 21.  She wants her independence.  Nicky tends to stretch herself too thin.  That is my biggest worry for her moving out. But she believes she is ready and can handle it and I guess to some degree you do what you have to do, right?  I mean - if you never take the training wheels off a bike, you never learn to ride a bike.  So, it is time for the training wheels to be removed from her life and for her to learn how to really ride.  That means she'll have some falls and scrapes along the way, most people do, but I trust that if she says she is ready, then she is.  I don't want her to live at home forever!  At some point, she needs to be able to start her journey.

Her journey is not my journey.  They are connected, but they are not the same.  I'm glad I will get to start the next part of my journey and I look forward to watching where our paths will connect and intersect over the next parts of life. I'm also thankful that because she is my baby girl, I get to always have her a part of my journey!  I had her when I was 22 and I moved out of my parents home when I was 19, so for most of my independent journey - she's been a significant factor in my path choices and it will be a change to that formula.  A good change. She's an amazing kid/adult/girl/young woman and I am very proud of the choices and decisions she has made so far, I'm sure she'll continue to impress me for years to come!  :)  



 

1 comment:

shakedust said...

She's ready! That stage of life is scary and full of challenges, but she's capable.

It's weird to me that she's now the same age I was when I married Golden. The years go by...