Saturday, April 29, 2017

My facebook post took on its own life!

So I made it a blog! :)

I liked research papers when I was young, but that was when it was "work" you had to go to a library, read books, do searches. I enjoyed going to the college library for my English reports when I was in high school and looking things up on Microfiche! That was pretty cool. I loved how you could soom through the film! :) Even though my grammar was (and is) not the greatest, I still loved writing a good intro, body, and conclusion. There was something satisfying about it. Sometimes I miss those days. Then I just think of how many times I say "okay google" and I get random information spoken to me from my phone (That isn't just the local time and temperature!) We've come a long way and I am both a product of my past and present!

1 comment:

shakedust said...

I've sort of come full circle on this. I used to hate writing papers because I didn't like the physical process of writing, and finding material for the papers was a real challenge when I was limited to the books that the library contained.

I think I would really enjoy writing research papers today, though, if that was something that I had time to do. It's one of those things I'm thinking about for the future when our kids are your kids' age.