Monday, August 22, 2016

A new Beginning

Chandler started college today.  This is the first year of his dual enrollment program of high school/college. He'll be part-time high school/college this year (his junior year of high school) and next (his senior year of high school) and then he'll complete his associates degree in year 13.

I feel like we treat him more like he's in college than in high school.  But to his credit, he is a good kid, working a lot, and in college.


He just turned 17.  When Chad was 17 he graduated early and started his 4 year degree program.

Looking back on who we were and how we were at 17 and 21 (the age of kids now) man...how much we have grown since then!

I so many life changes happen between the ages 17 and 30.  In school, out of school.  Often people date or get married and start families during this decade.  I don't know if that will happen for my kids or not?

I'm looking forward to what the next 10 to 13 years brings them in life.  Where they will be, who they will be spending life with, and how much of their life will  they share with me?  

It is an exciting time for them and this is just the beginning!  :)

No comments: