Saturday, June 25, 2016

Putting one foot in front of the other

As I mentioned in my last post - you can't achieve a goal if you never make a goal.  You also have to begin to take the steps to achieve the goal.

I did join a gym the other day and I'm working it into a regular routine.  I also started tracking my food through "my fitness pal" again.  I wasn't going to work on watching what I eat as much originally but I have found that now that I've turned the corner and I truly want to lose weight to be healthier, I want to eat better.  At least staying within in a calorie count, even if it isn't healthy food.

To count that is two steps towards my end goal.  I know it is going to be a long marathon over the next 18 months probably to get down to my desired weight and work on maintaining but nothing changes if you don't stop the old habits and start with the new ones.

I hope I am successful, but as Chad always says - doing any good for a moment is still better than none.  I am praying that this time I can do this and keep the good habits.  That is the goal.

In some ways my past failures have helped me prepare for this time around.  I know more about proper nutrition and I'm more willing to learn about proper exercise.  I knew the mind set that I had to be in to make this decision and it not be a rash "quick fix" that became a "quick loss".

I have even noticed that when I went to the gym after work this week the frustration of the day or exhaustion of the day melted away.  My mind was clear and not at all distracted with work stuff when I came home. I like that benefit to working out!

I hope writing this blog will help me stay motivated when I feel like giving up. Day 4 and still moving forward. One step at a time, One day at a time.

1 comment:

shakedust said...

Great news! I hope you've been able to keep things up without getting discouraged. As I noted in my last comment, time/schedules just seem like the enemy.