Wednesday, March 09, 2016

I'm beginning to see a pattern

So a few weeks ago I started this memorization project with some other women in our church.  You can either memorize the verse that they suggest, or pick one of your own.

Week 1 - I stumbled onto my own.  The one they had wasn't resonating with me and I felt lead to go to my Bible ap, There when I logged in was a verse Chandler had highlighted.
Eph: 4:3 (NLT) "Through every effort keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."

Week 2 - As I had been focused on finding where God wanted me to focus this year, I felt Prayer was a BIG part of that.  Week 2's verse was Col. 4:2 (NLT) "Devote yourself to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart."

Week 3 - While reading the context of Col. 4:2 I found my next verse.  Col. 4:6 (NLT)  "Let your conversations be gracious and attractive so that you'll have the right response for everyone."

I thought about elaborating on this but I think instead I'll just leave you with this:

I pray that through every effort we'll keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace, devoting ourselves to prayer with alert minds and a thankful hearts, letting our conversations be gracious and attractive so that we'll have the right response for everyone!



1 comment:

shakedust said...

Col 2 and 3 are some of my favorite chapters in Scripture because there's a lot of doctrine to grasp there.

I have found that I am much better at memorizing concepts than word-for-word verses. I think that different people are probably gifted differently there.